Literature through Film Level One | Study Literature through Film in This Live, Online Class for Middle School Students
Literature through Film Level One is a fun and engaging look at literature! Grab your bucket of popcorn and get ready for an adventure of a class! This full-year course will focus on stories and novels that have been magically turned into a film. From old fairy tales to modern middle-grade novels, we will study everything from the lives of authors and movie directors to the elements of the story in its various presentations. Using the medium of film, students will learn the basic elements of the story, good writing, and literary analysis.
Examples of stories we will study in Literature through Film (not a complete list):
- The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
- Cinderella (Brothers Grimm) & Live-action Disney version
- Pollyanna (Eleanor H. Porter) & 1960 Disney’s Pollyanna
- Holes (Louis Sachar) & 2003 Disney’s Holes
- A Christmas Carol & Disney’s Christmas Carol (2009)
- Charlotte’s Web ( EB White) & Live-action version (2006)
- The Giver (Lous Lowry) & 2014 version
- The Diary of Anne Frank & 2010 movie version
- Call of The Wild & 2020 movie version
- The Princess Bride
- Justin Morgan Had A Horse
- The Swiss Family Robinson
Full Year Course – 1 Credit: Your True North Homeschool Academy teacher will teach and grade the class.
The coursework your child will complete in this high school level course is equal to one credit hour, which may be awarded by your homeschool upon completion of the course. If you need help determining your students’ credits or creating a transcript, check out our Academic Advising.