Welcome to True North Homeschool Academy
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for using True North Homeschool Academy’s Website.
True North Homeschool Academy is located at Sioux Falls, SD – 57106,
We assume you accept these terms and conditions in full by accessing this website. Only continue to use True North Homeschool Academy’s website if you accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice, and any or all Agreements: “Client,” “You,” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company,” “Ourselves,” “We,” “Our,” and “Us” refers to our Company. “Party,” “Parties,” or “Us” refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance, and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of the provision of the Company’s stated services/products, under and subject to, prevailing law of South Dakota. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization, or they or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
Unless otherwise stated, True North Homeschool Academy or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on True North Homeschool Academy. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view or print pages from https://truenorthhomeschool.academy for your personal use, subject to restrictions in these terms and conditions. You must not:
- Republish material from https://truenorthhomeschool.academy
- Sell, rent, or sub-license material from https://truenorthhomeschool.academy
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://truenorthhomeschool.academy
- Redistribute content from True North Homeschool Academy (unless content is specifically made and noted for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies
- Search engines
- News organizations
- Online directory distributors, when they list us in the directory, may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses
Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our website.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications, or other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve, in our sole discretion, other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP, and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- Accounting, law, and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- Educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that:
- The link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link).
- The organization has a satisfactory record with us.
- The benefit from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence.
- Where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the organization’s mission.
These organizations may link to our home page, publications, or other website information so long as the link:
- is not in any way misleading.
- does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products or services.
- fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an email to Admin@TrueNorthHomeschoolAcademy.com.
Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number or email address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (web address) linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our website or material linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of True North Homeschool Academy’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter our website’s visual presentation or appearance.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you. While we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy, nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that its material is up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising from or based on your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, and the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- modify any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or concerning the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty. To the extent that the website and the information and services are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage.
Credit and Contact Information
Your information is only used for communication about the courses, products, or services purchased or downloaded by you on our website. You may opt-out of communications at any time, but you may miss an important class or scheduling information from us.
Please get in touch with us if you have any queries regarding our terms.
Honor Code, Plagiarism & Cyber Bullying
Honor Code True North Homeschool Academy is a company that adheres to traditional Judeo-Christian values. Our teachers are committed to bringing exceptional teaching and online classroom experiences for each student. Students can find each class Syllabus and course expectations on our password-secure site and communicate with teachers via email, zoom, or phone call via appointment. Students are expected to come to class prepared, willing, and able to participate in class and submit homework by dates posted in the syllabus.
While online education is a unique and developing medium, our online classrooms are orderly, and manners are expected. Student interaction and participation are encouraged, and Zoom allows us to have kids “raise” their hands electronically, participate in “break-out rooms,” and use a whiteboard. Classes are recorded for students who may miss classes.
Our students are an integral part of our fantastic community, and we strive to honor them and our teachers in each interaction. Thank you for entrusting a part of your student’s education to True North Homeschool Academy. We are honored to partner with you!
Cyberbullying is not tolerated in any form. Confirmation of Cyberbullying will result in immediate dismissal with no refund from all TNHA classes.
Cyberbullying can include sending unwelcome emails or text messages that include:
- Sexual harassment
- Hate speech
- Ridiculing someone publicly
- Posting lies, rumors, or gossip and encouraging others to distribute that information.
Plagiarism is not tolerated in any form. Confirmation of Plagiarism will result in the student going on Academic Probation for the semester, including a zoom meeting with the teacher, parent, and student. A second violation will result in academic dismissal with no refund.
As a parent/guardian, I will:
- Show respect and support for my child, the teachers, and the school.
- Support the school’s discipline policy.
- Provide a quiet, well-lit place for study and supervise homework.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Talk with my child each day about their school activities.
- Read with my child daily and let my child see me read.
As a student, I will:
- Always try to do my best work.
- Be kind and helpful to my classmates.
- Show respect for myself, my school, and other people.
- Come to school prepared with my homework and my supplies.
- Have my video on during class time and be attentive.
- Believe that I can and will learn.
- Spend time each day completing school tasks
- Talk with my parents each day about my school activities.
- Come to class with pen/paper and calendar each class session.
TNHA teachers will:
- Show respect for each child and their family.
- Make efficient use of learning time.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment that’s conducive to learning.
- Help each child grow to their fullest potential.
- Provide meaningful and appropriate homework activities.
- Provide necessary assistance to parents so they can help with assignments.
- Enforce school and classroom rules fairly and consistently.
- Supply students and parents with detailed evaluations of progress and achievement.
- Use special activities in the classroom to make learning enjoyable.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and a positive attitude.