Environmental Science is a full-year course that introduces students to the study of the amazing world of environmental science! Students will explore environmental impacts and management, conservation, food chains, the global economy, and ecosystems. This class will be taught from a decidedly Christian worldview, with the understanding that science is a helpful and effective tool when understood as part of God’s bigger design.
Successful completion of this course will earn students one Science or Elective credit and .5 credit for a Science Lab. Students who successfully complete this course should be prepared to take the CLEP/NSST Environmental Science exam for college credit.
Required Texts & Resources
- Environmental Science Credits before College Course Guide
- Environmental Science by Arms ISBN 978-0030520198, copyright 2000
- Mead (or similar) composition notebook for lab journal use
- Lab supplies as outlined in Environmental Science Course Guide.
- Chose one of the following: White Fang by Jack London, Silent Spring by Rachel Carson, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, The Adventures of Theodore Roosevelt – A National Geographic Adventure Classic, A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Straton Porter, Isaac’s Storm: A Man, A Time and the Deadliest Hurricane in History by Erik Larson