World History of the 20th Century
“This is such a fun way to learn history!” – TNHA Student.
Immerse yourself in the 20th century decade by decade with stories, film clips, newsreels, photos, projects, timelines, mapping, family trees, and more! World History of the 20th Century is a project-based course – Learn history the fun way with video field trips, class discussions, mapping, timelines, family trees, history labs, living books suggestions, and movie/TV fun!
We will learn about:
- Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings, Queens, & Other Leaders who Changed the World
- Revolutions, Movements, Revivals, Rulings, & Laws whose Impact we Feel Today
- Boxer Rebellion, Boer War, Balkan Wars, World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, Persian Gulf War
- Reese Howells, Derek Prince, Corrie ten Boom, Jim & Elisabeth Eliot, Billy Graham, and others who fulfilled the Great Commission
- Explorations from the North Pole to Outer Space
- Inventors, Scientists, Architects, Doctors, Explorers, & Engineers who fulfilled the Creation Mandate
- Medical Breakthroughs: How the Chaos in the Middle East got Started
- What Happened in the Balkans that Led to World War I
- Why the Vietnam War was so Hard to Win
- Where Communist Leaders were Trained & How Communism impacted nations
- Inventions that Made Life Better & others that brought Destruction
- Styles/Changes in Fashion, Music, Dances, Art, Sports, Games, Toys, & Technology
- World Series, World Cup, Super Bowls, NASCAR, Grand Prix
- And so much more!
This course explores many things in the 1900s that other classes leave out. In the middle of some strange times, you will see that God was still moving in and around the world!
Learn history the fun way with history labs, living books suggestions, and movie/TV fun!
- HIS Story of the 20th Century by Meredith Curtis
- HIS Story of the 20th Century High School Workbook by Meredith Curtis
Optional, but recommended.