World History – Adapted for Struggling Learners
The purpose of this class is to provide the student with a broad overview of World History, to familiarize them with key events, people and locations, and to guide them to understand how our world has changed through the ages.
This class will take your student on a tour of the history of our world. In class, we will be reading through the adapted history text and working on both reading and discussion skills.
We will focus on:
- people and places
• new vocabulary
• reading basic maps
• knowing the difference between facts and opinions
- Discuss events in modern World History.
- Understand what led to certain critical events and make connections from one era to another.
- Become familiar with terms used to describe shifts in world history.
- Gain geography skills in relation to different areas of the world.
- Be able to name important people, places, and turning points.
- History of Our Modern World, volume 2, Modern World, Adapted Textbook, Published by STECK-VAUGHN, Written by Henry Billings.
OUT OF PRINT: May be obtained used or a digital copy provided by the teacher
- Map of the United States and World
- Other teacher provided materials as needed
Full Year Course – 1 Credit: The class will be taught and graded by your True North Homeschool Academy teacher. The coursework your child will complete in this high school level course is equal to one credit hour which may be awarded by your homeschool upon completion of the course. If you would like help determining your students’ credits or creating a transcript, check out our Academic Advising
Twenty-Five Clues Hinting at Learning Disabilities that Hint at Learning Disabilities. Need a helping hand? Our SPED Academic Advising will save you time and money!