Biblical Worldview is a self-paced course that will challenge and inspire your students to think deeply about their faith, apologetics, and the power of the arts. This is a robust and fascinating humanities course designed by a professional musician, Melissa Grande, that will explore Western Cultural History.
In Biblical Worldview, students will explore
- The seminal work of Francis Schaeffer, “How Shall We Then Live.”
- Critically think about the arts and their impact on the individual and culture.
- Create a timeline of art and music history, as well as culture and Christianity
- Explore composers, artists, musicians, and their impact on culture.
Worldview is a perfect introduction to the importance of sound and art in our lives, particularly as people of faith. You will not want to miss this impactful class that explores worldview and develops a deep understanding and profound appreciation for western cultural history. This class lays a fantastic faith foundation for any student who plans to work in the music, film, or art industry. This is also an excellent course for young Christians as they embrace the responsibility and exciting role of defender of their Christian faith.
This course is recommended for upper-level high school students.
REQUIRED TEXTS AND RESOURCES:
- “How Should We Then Live?” Francis A. Schaeffer, 1976.
- “How Should We Then Live?” video series on YouTube. Francis Schaeffer official media
- Access to a streaming service to view & listen to media examples (you chose the best method for your family) that are assigned.
This class lays a fantastic faith foundation for any student who plans to work in the music, film or art industry. This is also an excellent course for young Christians as they embrace the responsibility and exciting role of defender of their Christian faith.
The arts should not hold a peripheral place in the Christian life. While our souls are saved, so too are our minds and bodies. The arts have value in themselves, and not just as a vehicle for evangelism. Indeed, as Swiss artist Paul Robert has illustrated, the arts will make their entry into heaven. ~Francis Schaeffer
- Eligible for the Buy More Save More discount.
- Receive a special coupon code delivered within 48 hours of the purchase of Self Paced Biblical Worldview, good for any Bible, Worldview, or Apologetics class.