Middle School Homeroom
Full Year of Homeroom
Junior High – Middle School Level
Meets: Mondays, 3:15-4:00 p.m. CST
Instructor: Dawn Pasley
Required Texts: Student Planner
Remember homeroom? Now your student can not only experience the fun of homeroom, but it can be an avenue for real growth.
Middle School Homeroom 〉〉〉 True North Homeschool Academy middle school (Junior High) students will have an opportunity to meet with their friends and work together on common goals.
Students will have a True North Homeschool Academy teacher available to them to ask questions, get help with homework, and facilitate group discussions and fun games!
This time can include:
- The teacher/facilitator reviewing and editing their work,
- Helping them plan their week
- Suggest ways to be productive with their work
- Supervised study sessions can include quizzing each other, working on projects students may have assigned, and even figuring out Google classroom if needed.
Students at this age sometimes need someone to sit by them and encourage them to keep going. Middle School Homeroom is a “virtual” way to achieve some of those needs and provide camaraderie and fellowship to young students.
Middle School Homeroom will begin each week by focusing on devotion and prayer and then spend a very brief time on a life management lesson, such as:
- How to break down bigger projects
- Personal and academic planning
- Study skills
- Setting and achieving goals
Students will be met where ever they are. Dance parties may be included per students' requests.
There is no requirement for attending.
If you have students at other levels, you might also be interested in High School Homeroom, Elementary Homeroom, Spanish Homeroom, or Math Homeroom.
Required Text: Student Planner
There are no reviews yet.