Jr High Literature and Composition Level 2
Jr High Literature and Composition Level 2 covers reading, annotating, and writing introductory persuasive essays about eight U.S. literature novels. This is a continuation of Jr High Literature and Composition Level 1 and continues utilizing the Lost Tools of Writing program to teach excellent written and communication skills. Each weekly online class will explore the content of the novels as well as writing techniques. Assessments will include completed essays (a rubric/checklist will be provided so that expectations are clear), and overall grade will be determined by a combination of class participation, assignments completed, and essay presentations.
U.S. Literature and Composition is a fun and engaging class that will get your Middle School student thinking, reading, and writing about the United States. This is a perfect class to prepare your student well for the more rigorous demands of High School level Literature and Composition.
Required Materials for U.S. Literature and Composition:
- Lost Tools of Writing, Level One Student Workbook
Eight literature novels
- The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare
- Crispin, by Avi
- The Door in the Wall, by Marguerite d’Angeli
- Carry on, Mr. Bowditch, by Jean Lee Latham
- Little Britches, by Ralph Moody
- Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry
- Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls
- The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster
Prerequisites for U.S. Literature and Composition: IEW experience is helpful but not required.
This class is also appropriate for 9th-grade students who want a solid Literature and Composition class.